- Identify Project Objectives, the client's Business Case, Sustainability Aspirations and other parameters or constraints and develop the Initial Project Brief.
- Examine Site Information and make recommendations for further information, including surveys, required.
- Preparation of Feasibility Studies and assessment of options to enable the client to decide how to proceed.
- Determine client's Risk Profile and agree the Project Programme and preliminary Procurement Strategy.
- Assemble Project Team, agree Scope of Service, Contract Relationship and Design Responsibilities for each participant.
- Develop BIM and Soft Landings Strategies, Information Exchanges and conclude Appointment Documents.
02 Concept Design
- Preparation of Concept Design including outline proposals for structural design, services systems, site landscape.
- Preparation of outline specifications and preliminary cost plan along with environmental, energy, ecology, access or other Project Strategies.
- Agree developments to Initial Project Brief and issue Final Project Brief.
- Review Procurement Strategy, finalise Deisgn Responsibility including extent of Performance Specified Design and take action where required.
- Prepare Project Manual including agreement of Software Strategy, BIM Execution Plan and extent of Performance Specifed Work.
- Prepare Construction Strategy including review of off-site fabrication, site logistics and H&S aspects.
03 Developed Design
- Preparation of Developed Design including co-ordinated and updated proposals for structural design, services systems, site landscape.
- Preparation of Developed outline specifications, cost plan and Project Strategies.
- Prepare and Submit Planning Application
- Implement Change Control Procedures, undertake Sustainability Assessment and take actions determined by Procurement Strategy.
- Review Construction Strategy including H&S aspects.
04 Technical Design
- Preparation of Technical Design information to include all architectural, structural and mechanical services information and
- Preparation of specifications including the Lead Designer's review and sign-off of all information.
- Performance Specified Work to be developed in sufficient detail to allow development and integration by Specialist Subcontractors during Completed Design stage.
- Take actions determined by Procurement Strategy including issuing in packages where appropriate.
- Prepare and submit Building Regulations Submission
- Review Construction Strategy including sequencing, programme and H&S aspects.
05 Specialist Design
- Progression of Specialist Design by Specialist Subcontractors including the integration, review
- Sign-off of Performance Specified Work by the Lead Designer and other designers as set out in Design Responsibility document
- Review Construction Strategy including sequencing and critical path.
- Undertake actions from Procurement Strategy or administration of Building Contract as required.
- Offsite manufacturing and onsite construction in accordance with the Construction Programme
- Regular review of progress against programme and any Quality Objectives including site inspections.
- Administration of Building Contract..
- Resolution of Design Queries from site as they arise
- Implementation of Soft Landing Strategy including agreement of information required for commissioning, training, handover and asset management.
- Implementation of future monitoring and maintenance and ongoing compilation of "as constructed" information.
07 Use & Aftercare
- Implementation of Soft Landings Strategy including Post Occupancy Evaluation.
- Conclude administration of Building Contract
- Review of Project Performance in use and analysis of Project Information for use on future projects.
- Updating of Project Information, as required, in response to Asset Management and Facilities Management feedback and modifications
RIBA Work Stages